EEC at FHI 360 is an outgrowth of Educational Equity Concepts, a national not-for-profit organization with a 22-year history of promoting educational excellence for all children. Together, co-directors Merle Froschl and Barbara Sprung, the founders of Educational Equity Concepts, bring nearly 70 years of solid experience in the education world to their work at FHI 360 (formerly AED, The Academy for Educational Development). The staff are respected experts in the field of equity which enables EEC to develop meaningful and effective bias-free learning programs and hands-on materials in gender, inclusion, science, math, and teasing and bullying.
- We develop programs and curriculum, targeting grades preK-8, that can be incorporated into school curriculum and administered in afterschool settings.
- We identify content areas where bias exists and has long-term consequences.
- We research and field test programs and solicit feedback from teachers, administrators, parents, and children.
- We provide professional development and technical assistance around equity-based practices to schools and community-based programs.
- We foster family involvement in school and after school.